Monday 18 March 2013

Sooooooo - What now?!

It's been 7 days since we found out we were pregnant.

So what I hear you cry - why do you need to write a blog about it?

I don't know - I just really feel the need to write down how I'm feeling - I have a tendency to overthink and trawl through Google trying to figure out what's going to happen day by day, how I'm going to feel, if every ache or pain is normal.

So why not just get my feelings down on paper - it doesn't even matter if no-one else reads it, it's cathartic and sometimes you can't even tell your very best friends how you're really feeling - but you can tell your trusty laptop!

So - what's happened so far?
Well we need to go back.....far far back.
Not that far! We've been discussing children since we got together but only seriously since we tied the knot last year.
We decided that around Dec 2012 we would stop using contraception (I had already come off the pill after the wedding and we were using condoms. I forgot how unsexy they were!) and not start to worru about ovulation monitoring until we had been trying for 6 months.

Of course - I agreed to not buying any kit to check my fertitlity but I went straight online to find out EVERYTHING I could about fertility,
ovulation, how to do it, when to do it, and MUCUS MUSCUS MUCUS!!
I couldn't believe how much information there was out there and just how much I didn't know.

I didn't know there was a fertile period, I didn't know how long sperm lived inside you or how short the lifespan of the egg was!

The first 2 months were pretty much trying to have sex as much as possible around the fertile period. Then I learnt about the torturous period that was the TWO WEEK WAIT!.
I thought I had every symptom going - and both months the pregnancy tests were negative.

Feb came and went with birthdays and work dos and generally being very unhealthy. We decided to skip a month and try again in March. Husband said - let's stop stressing and just have sex every other day.
So we did. We just had sex and forgot about making babies. It was better, more fun and more intimate.

Then the two week wait, only this time it was different. As we hadn't been 'making a baby', just having fun and sex, I didn't think about it for a week, 10 days.
Finally the day before my period was due (and I'm luckily one of those with a bang on regular 28 day cycle) and I thought why not, try and pee on a stick - it can't hurt!

So I did. And I thought I saw the faintest of lines. So faint neither of us believed it. I googled 'faint line' (of course) and read about evap lines. Put the test in the bin.

Went about my day. And I mean, ate pate, drank half a bottle of wine and had a delicious and medium rare steak. Ahem.

We went home, I picked up the stick for some reason. Showed husband the line again - now he could see it! Did another test...A LINE. Faint but defintely a line.

Did another on the day of my period. A very slighter stronger line. But it took the whole 3 minutes to come up.
Now we were confused. So of course the only thing to do was buy a Clearblue digital - this would clear up the confusion. And it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment