Thursday 4 April 2013

Stressed!

I haven't posted for ages!!! Where to begin...

Well in the last week we have moved to a completely different part of the city and am now 7 weeks pregnant. A lot has happened this week both positive and negative. Moving was both necessary and wanted but it has been not without it's moments.
Although I was helping out as much as possible both of us were mindful of 'my condition' - that always makes pregnant people sound like invalids!! However I was able to rope in some friends at the other end (although there was some grumbling from the friend who I haven't told yet)

Deciding who to tell about the baby news was pretty tricky. I guess you have to be sure that those you tell early are the same people that would be there for you in case everything goes to pot. So after parents and siblings, I have told my very best friends as I know I would need their support if anything happens.
Obviously everyone was very happy and delighted for us, but I was very apprehensive about telling my best friend who had a miscarriage othe day of her first ultrasound. I don't know why I was so worried about telling her - It wasn't supposed to be this way. She was supposed to have a baby first and then I would and everything was going to be rainbows and bubbles. Alas, nature had other ideas. Her miscarriage has also made me extremely worried about my own pregnancy - It's almost like I'm convinced that something will happen to me because it happened to her. She is sometimes an extension of myself it seems that's how close we are. In the end I shouldn't have worried she was amazing and supportive and happy and that's why I love her.

Now I am 7 weeks and settled in a new area and trying to be positive about the pregnancy (the
Hubby is being amazing and really wants to be involved). I have registered at a new GP surgery and waiting for antenatal care to begin. Meanwhile I am going to begin taking photos of the belly!

I am carrying some extra weight so I am going to be extremely careful about putting weight on.
I have also decided to begin a symptoms counter to see how my feelings and symptoms change throughout the pregnancy.


Week 7 Photo



Symptoms : Definitely feeling more nausea, extremely tired and sudden outbreak of spots. (great!)

Next - I have my first appointment with the doctor on Monday. I have to confess I peed on my last clearblue digital yesterday - I had a sudden fear whilst watching One Born Every Minute and needed some sort of digital reassurance that everything was ok. It said... "Pregnant" (rather unsurprisingly!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment