Monday 15 April 2013

Hormo- Rollercoaster

Crying. Laughing. Angry, Crying.

I have been reduced to lists of emotions. I just keep segueing from happiness to sadness. I have cried at the television so much, mostly over nothing, but bawling at the minutest perceived injustice.
Watching the award-winning 24 Hours in A&E and bracing myself for a sad ending - watching a 90 year old man describing how he felt after his wife of 65 years has passed away. He looked bereft.

I wailed - literally couldn't stop the tears. The husband was looking at me in a very alarmed manner (well not that alarmed, he knows that under the prickly exterior I am a big soft marshmallow).

If I'm not being a big soppy mess, then I am a seething mass of irritation - the littlest thing will send me off.

Apart from emotions the food situation is starting to get me down.
It starts first thing in the morning, with an aching and gnawing hunger helpfully accompanied by nausea - and the only thing that helps is to EAT something. Eating whilst nauseous must qualify for some sort of self-harm!

After this, the nausea subsides but is replaced by a general uncomfortable full feeling. This remains all day, with lunch and dinner turning into 4 or more snack times during the day. I haven't eaten an adult sized meal for about 2 weeks now and red meat of any kind is just not appetising.
In fact most things are not appetising - I want to eat vegetables and fruit but cannot bear the taste. Instead I am subsisting on what my husband calls 'yellow' food - breaded items that are 'cooked' in the oven and eating with lashings of ketchup.



I really hope this particular symptom goes away soon. I am trying to balance the unhealthy out with yoghurt, dried fruits and lots of water. I long to eat salad or a stir-fry but the mere thought even now is making my stomach churn.

Roll on week 12!!

I have my first antenatal appointment today with my new GP at 7pm and hopefully I'll be able to get my booking appointment soon.

Symptoms - just a general apathy, loss of appetite and the HORMONES!!!

photo credit: Scorpions and Centaurs via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment