Tuesday 13 August 2013

Back to Work Mama!

So the last two weeks have been rather interesting - both for baby and mother. We have secured a beautiful new flat, I found a short-term job and Mr.Onedayatatime felt the baby!!

I am now almost 25 weeks ( and almost 2 thirds of the way through! EEK!!!) - everything seems to be goping really well. I feel almost back to my normal self, no doubt working has given me back a sense of self, a sense of achievement and a much-needed daily routine.
I'm sure that when I nearing the end of the the third trimester I will feel differently but right now I am (almost) glad to be commuting, dressing smartly for work and not just thinking about the pregnancy. I think my poor husband is secretly more glad than he is letting on about the short term job, not just because of the cash boost that it will give us!

Speaking of cash we did have a splurge this month - we have bought a Bednest and a travel system (sounds very posh!) - both second hand however so it was a frugal splurge if there is such a thing.

We are really impressed with how easy and light the Bednest was to put up and manouvere around the flat. It also looks great (you can see here)  and feels like it will last the 6 months of supposed usage.

After lots of buggy and stroller deliberation (and a rather silly trip to the baby shop to view a brand new version of the pram - which I immediately wanted!) we have opted for a Bugaboo Cameleon 2. This version is really easy to piece together, very manouvarable and relatively easy to put down (not as easy as the cameleon3 - humph) and I believe we got a really good deal second hand.

And now for the most important thing that happened - my lovely husband felt the baby kick - it was amazing. And he is getting more excited by the day as am I. The kicks are getting stronger, everything seemed to go well at the 25 week check and I am very happy at the moment. Roll on 28 week check - bloods, bloods and more bloods!

Symptoms - kicking - lots! Feeling more heavy but well - stairs and the heat are not my friend however!!

photo credit: Hegemony77 doll clothes via photopin cc</

No comments:

Post a Comment